Francesco Cirillo is the owner of Cirillo Consulting, a consulting firm based in Berlin that works with many of the world’s largest companies. He created the Pomodoro Technique, a renowned time-management tool used by millions of people all over the world, while a university student looking for a way to get more done in less time. Francesco’s core focus has always been improving productivity and efficiency, by finding ways to achieve better results with less time and less effort. Francesco has worked at the forefront of the software industry for more than 20 years. In a career spanning startups, multinationals and freelance consulting, he has mentored thousands of professionals, developers, managers and software teams.
Recognized as a global specialist in mentoring individuals and working with startups to Fortune 500 corporations to define product growth, improve processes, and boost design efficiency.
- Created the Agile Online Training Program to focus on one-on-one work with business and technical leaders in real-world problem solving and skills empowerment. Maintained a consistent 100% retainment rate over 2 years
- Consulted an EU investment bank that had high bug rates and average estimation errors of 400% ( Slashed estimation errors an average of 10%, increased throughput 3x, and reduced deployment 5 days to < 24 hours. Transformation was so successful that the team presented their story at XP2001)
- Initiated the first company in Europe fully dedicated to applying Extreme Programming to software development. Consulted on optimal implementation of XP and Agile methodology. Championed object-oriented development processes for multinational Fortune 100 companies in a variety of industries
- Consulted with a firm of 20+ Developers that had been implementing Agile Practices for 10+ years but was losing high-value opportunities to new European competitors.
- Introduced simpler object-oriented techniques and innovative emergent design techniques( 75% of participants received a better-than-expected offer and landed a new career,70% of participants won a salary increase or bonus)
- Hired by a small startup with multiple platform mobile apps, severe debt, and ineffective time-to-market. Introduced process-oriented metrics ( Improved Developers’ technical skills via seminars, resulting in < 90 days reduced backlog and system complexity)
- Hired to advise one of the largest independent providers in the field of consumer marketing and finance in Europe.
- Worked as an Observer to an Italian government agency with a disorganized team of Developers – experts in particular fields (DB, GUI, Communications, etc. Advised on workflow improvements and more-effective developing techniques, within 8 months ended backlog and produced a flexible design that quickly delivered new features. Reengineered the product management strategy and developed innovative software that produced new products by combining already existing components)
- Hired by one of the most famous F1 racing teams to apply Agile and Lean principles, improve processes, remove bottlenecks, and successfully protect the team from interruptions from other departments.
- Created an online publishing house and store focusing on literature to boost individual/ team productivity levels. Applications include IT project management, business, and personal development. Began with simple papers and publications related to the proprietary, self-developed "The Pomodoro Technique" and progressed to offer a diverse range of books, videos, software, reports, case studies, eBooks, and Kindle downloads.
- Reviewed books related to Agile Development
- Reviewed the second edition of the book "Extreme Programming Explained" by Kent Beck.
- Organized an education initiative to increase effective software design principles and practices, and ending harmful IFs. Leveraged expert networking and marketing skills to devise a clear, concise, and user-friendly seminar and present at 20+ universities throughout the EU including University of Milan, University “Roma Tre”, University of Florence, and University of Parma. Publicized events to realize up to 500 attendees including many well-known Professors.
- Earned an award for the Best Innovative Business Idea by Italian Chamber of Commerce (2005).
Projects and Risks,