Take care of your timeslots as a good gardener takes care of their plants.
Before the beginning of the training, you will be asked to complete a survey in which you will describe your experience,
your time management challenges and your expectations of the training.
Based on of the survey, you will define with Francesco an actual objective to be achieved by the end of the training.
During the training Francesco will give you the instruments - concepts, practices and tools - to improve your project management skills. The following subjects will be covered:
THE POMODORO® TECHNIQUE FOR COMPLEX GOALS
Why the Pomodoro® Technique?
How time pressure affects your project management decisions
Learning to organise and reach your complex goals: The Game Plan
- How to recognize complex goals
- Factors that increase the complexity of goals
- The Game Plan
How to create a value-driven deliverable schedule
- The Picnic Metaphor: The importance of deliverables
- Learning to distinguish between Goals, Deliverables and Tasks
- How to reduce the complexity of a goal and the relative uncertainty of reaching it by
learning to transform deeply nested hierarchies of tasks into linear task lists: task
lists without dangerous bottlenecks and interdependencies between tasks
- How to define value-driven deliverables and create a value-driven deliverable
- Task-driven versus value -driven deliverables
- Exercise: Learn to identify value-driven deliverables
- Do you really know how to organize a complex goal like a picnic?
ORGANIZING TEAMWORK WITH THE POMODORO TECHNIQUE TO DEAL WITH COMPLEXITY, RISKS AND CHANGE
How to adapt the Pomodoro® Technique to teamwork
- Doing teamwork versus doing groupwork
- How many Pomodoros should we use and why?
- How should we adapt the Pomodoro® Technique sheets? (Records Sheet, Activity
Inventory, To Do Today)
How to deal with different kinds of goals: maintenance goals, growth goals, project issues
- The Garden Metaphor
- How much effort? What does it mean?
How to manage project risks and change
- How to create a weekly timetable to
- Reach multiple goals
- Handle unplanned events
- Handle unplanned tasks
- Handle emergencies
- Handle change
- How to organize your team’ dynamics to deal with risk and complexity
- Improving your productivity with a spreadsheet: Learning to deal with interruptions
- Implementing the Daily Individual Process
HOW TO REDUCE THE COMPLEXITY OF REACHING YOUR GOALS BY APPLYING THE POMODORO TECHNIQUE RULES
Meet deadlines without time pressure
- The Pomodoro® Technique rules
- How to transform a complex goal into a series of simpler goals to be reached and
hence increase your motivation, the precision of the estimates and the probability of
- How to build a project schedule driven by value
- Exercise: Learn to split goals according to value
Q&A Productivity Clinic
The Pomodoro® Technique has been organically adopted by thousands of people
across the world because it is so simple to use. Many participants of the course
often have specific questions, usually variations of "How can I apply the technique
when...?" To cater for this, one Pomodoro® of this session will be given over to a
structured Q&A session working through your questions and queries.
Individual assignments are very important in this course. They are assigned at the end of each session. The following session starts with feedback on the individual assignments.
Comparing to other training participants enables you to see solutions different from your own, to see contexts and problems different from your own and to receive useful feedback for achieving your own objective for the course.
In the final session, Francesco will hold a Productivity Clinic for checking with you whether you have achieved your objective for the course and showing you how to correctly apply what you have learned in your next project or next challenge.
Please make sure that Zoom is working correctly. Please check your equipment. To ensure everything runs smoothly, you need to have a good internet connection, a headset with a microphone (to avoid echo effects), and lots of passion!!
To familiarize yourself with Zoom before our first lesson you can:
To participate in this course, you required to have attended the following courses:
- Pomodoro Training Part 01
- Pomodoro Training Part 02
Note that The Pomodoro Technique book is not included in the price of this seminar and should be purchased separately.
You can buy it here