LEARN WITH FRANCESCO CIRILLO — THE CREATOR OF THE POMODORO TECHNIQUE — IN THIS 3 SESSION ONLINE COURSE
This is a three-week project management training course for a maximum of 4 people.
In every session Francesco will give you new instruments to improve your project management skills and will set you an assignment for the next session. Working on the assignment you will apply the new concepts and to reach complex goals in contexts characterized by change and uncertainty.
By the end of this course you will be able to reduce the complexity of your goals, transform a complex goal into a series of simpler goals, transform deeply nested hierarchies of tasks into linear task lists, reduce bottlenecks and interdependencies between tasks. You will also be able to create team timetables to reach multiple goals and handle unplanned events, tasks, emergencies and change, and to organize your teams’ dynamics to meet deadlines with no time pressure.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Before the start of the course, you will be asked to complete a survey in which you will describe your experience, your project management challenges and your expectations of the course. On the basis of the survey, you will define with Francesco an actual objective to be achieved by the end of the course.
During the three weekly sessions Francesco will give you the instruments - concepts, practices and tools - to improve your project management skills. The following subjects will be covered:
Session 1 - The Pomodoro Technique for Project Management
- Why the Pomodoro Technique?
- How time pressure affects your project management decisions
- How to recognize complex goals
- How to reduce the complexity of a goal and the relative uncertainty of reaching it, by learning to transform deeply nested hierarchies of tasks into linear task lists: task lists without dangerous bottlenecks and interdependencies between tasks
- How to define value-driven deliverables and create a value-driven deliverable schedule
Session 2 - Organizing teamwork with the Pomodoro Technique to deal with complexity, risks and change
- How to adapt the Pomodoro Technique to teamwork
- How to deal with different kinds of goals: maintenance goals, growth goals, project issues
- How to manage project risks and changes
- How to create a weekly timetable to reach multiple goals, handle unplanned events, tasks, emergencies and change
- How to organize your team’ dynamics to deal with risk and complexity
Session 3 - How to reduce the complexity of reaching your goals by applying the Pomodoro Technique rules
- The Pomodoro Technique rules
- How to transform a complex goal into a series of simpler goals to be reached and hence increase your motivation, the precision of the estimates and the probability of final success
- How to build a project schedule driven by value
- How to meet deadlines without time pressure
Individual assignments are very important in this course. They are assigned at the end of each session. The following session starts with feedback on the individual assignments. Comparison with other course participants enables you to see solutions different from your own, to see contexts and problems different from your own and to receive useful feedback for achieving your own objective for the course.
In the final session, Francesco will hold a Productivity Clinic for checking with you whether you have achieved your objective for the course and showing you how to correctly apply what you have learned in your next project or next challenge.
Check out the detailed programme for the Pomodoro Technique Project Management course.